Oil based mud have been widely used, and since it is oil based, drilling waste will be always a bigger problem than other mud waste. Since knowing GN Solids Control cuttings dryer are widely used in the world wide, and reading the comments from Baker Hughes that GN equipment efficiency is even better thant he equivileant EU /US products, now more and more CNPC project is using GN products.
Recently, GN finished the fabrication of one set oil based drilling cuttings treatment system for CNPC project. Before, CNPC has ever purchased several units drilling cuttings treatment system from GN Solids Control.The drilling cuttings treatment system
is used to treat the drilling cuttings discharged from primary solids control equipment like shale shaker, mud cleaner and barite recovery decanter centrifuge. For environment protection and cost saving consideration, the drilling operators is using the cuttings treatment system to recover more drilling fluids from cuttings, in the meanwhile, less waste will be discharged into the nature. To increase the working efficiency, GN released the vacuum pump unit that performs well to transfer cuttings sludge to treatment system.
This oil based cuttings treatment system is a compact design with all relevant equipment mounted on one skid for easy position on drill site. The equipment lists as below:1.Cuttings Dryer unit
– this is the main equipment used to remove the large size cuttings and recover oil base drilling fluids. After treated by this unit, the OOC will be going down to less 5%. It is the most important equipment in this cuttings treatment system.2. High Speed Decanter Centrifuge
– the decanter centrifuge is used to polish the effluence liquid coming from the dryer unit by remove the fine solid particles. With a speed up to 3200rpm, the centrifuge will remove the solids bigger than 5 microns to make the drilling fluids more acceptable for reusing. 3. The skid of the system is designed to with a buffer tank that is divided into 2 compartments. First compartment is used for collecting the drilling fluid from the dryer unit, and the second compartment is to store the polished drilling fluids after treated by centrifuge. GN is using the Netzsch screw pump to transfer the fluids from first tank compartment to the centrifuge unit.
This is quite a standard design while GN is capable and open for more customizations, to meet different site requirement, and even doing more research on the final step, TDU, or find other way to reuse the carbon.
Going through another wave, now the oil drilling market is picking up, more tanks now been picked up, rigs, mud pumps etc. Depends on different condition, cost of reparing, client may either choose to repaire the shale shaker
, decanter centirfuge
, or buy the new one. If the mud tank is in good condition, easy to repaire, then the other issue would be all the equipment standing on, agitators, impellers, and pumps. Hard to imagine all of the stock ones will be carefully maintained, without seeing a bright future in the depression days. Then buying new ones maybe even better option.
Also more and more new rigs now under construction, well, not as the golden days, to be more economical, more packagers and rig manufacturers may choose to fabricate tanks by themselves. Cost a fortune to ship, and comparing to a rig, it is not that complicate anyway.
GN Centrigual Pump
All spare parts interchangeable with most of the international Brand pump which helps customer to source spare parts easily
Thick, Strong Concentric casing provides extended life over conventional volute designs. The Concentric design minimizes turbulence and abrasive wear.
Pump casing made from hard ductile iron alloy, increased abrasion resistant capability compared to competitors pump.
Wide open-vane impeller creates lower axial thrust for improved bearing life.
Pump impeller made from hard ductile iron alloy, extended life over competitors design.
Anti-loosening impeller lock bolt to eliminate pump damage in case of improper motor hook-up.
High quality no-adjustment mechanical seal to provide zero leakage and longer operation life.
Replaceable shaft sleeve prevents shaft wear.
All bearings from top brand for reliable operation.
The skid for supporting pump and motor is made from casting instead of welding to provide reliable operation and less vibration in a result to extend the pump and motor life.
GN Mud Agitators:
This mud agitator has the advantage of compact structure so it occupies small area. More than 7.5 kW Mud Agitator uses the turbo and worm gear speed reducer, with the large torque transmission、 the revolution is steady、it works reliablely and has great merit. Common model of mud agitator is JBQ5.5kW 、JBQ7.5kW 、JBQ11kW and JBQ15kW.The drilling mud agitator is an important components for GN Solids Control drilling fluids processing system.
Recently we parepared quite a big qty of pumps and mud agitators for 3 rig mud system to a rig company, now it is ready to go.
This time it is another 400bbl mud system to an oil drill rig in WA, as always, when it comes to Australia, you need strictly meet all the standards, lucky if you already know all the related IEC standard, and API standards, then the only standard you need check into is AS/NZS. The documentation is also half of the quality, have been strict on quality control, and also succeed to sent over 30 HDD mud systems to Austrlia, a few big system to NZ, and heli lift mud system to PNG
. Still a long way to learn.
The system has been designed & engineered with client together, to work through and comply with all the standards. It still looks simple, 2 tanks, 400bbl, 2 shakers
, low weir height. Well then if integrated with more and more advanced digital staff, then you will need to know where and how to place level meters for scada, and the flow, the circulation.
GN engineering team have been capable to do all the related calculation, so theoretically all will be tested first, comparing all on experience, at least we know if anything unusual. Stair, walkway, handrails etc all need meet local standard, and the grating we are using lighter & duarable fiberglass.
For electrical parts, boxes, wiring
, all checked with the authorized 3rd party, before it even leave the factory. So it actually saving more time, when the system goes to the site, easier for them to sign off.
After the project, all the team come together, to review the whole process, and learn from the project, like all the others, we learn, we improve, for more better products.
This is a repeate order, 3rd order, firstly should congrates the client, they are expending their business, and then thanks for them to choose GN product
, once again. In another way, it also proves the importance of a practical customized system.
This sytem contains 3main modules:
1. Waste Collecting and Washing Module – the waste slurry is delivered to site via the hydrocac truck and then discharged to a large size collecting hopper at which bottom there are valves to discharge the slurry onto a coarse screen for large size trash separation. The liquid with fine particles is collected in the tank located under the coarse screen. The liquid is then pumped to GN high G forcedrying shaker for finer solids separation. Here the operator can also use pressure flushing device to wash the slurry. GN shaker is fixed with composite frame shaker screen for longer working time and better performance.
2. Fine Solids Hydro cycling Separation Module – GN desilter with hydro cyclone
manifold is fixed on a washing tank for further separation of the fine solids. The under shaker of the desilter is same model with GN drying shaker for easy maintenance. The hydrocyclone is using centrifugal force and gravity to separate the liquid and solids. The slurry is pumped into the cyclone with high speed for effectively separation process.
3.Dewatering Centrifuge Module
– in this hydrovac excavation waste slurry treatment system, a 22 inch big bowl decanter centrifuge is used to remove the ultra-fine solids in the slurry. A chemical dosing system can be connected to the dewatering centrifuge to increase the efficiency of the separation.
Though basic idea still same, and been there for hundreds of years, each site is different, everyone is experiencing different projects, and having their own preference. Buying equipment, buying a solution is buying a way to get rid of hassels, all the small changes, all the design details matters.
All we need, except actually produce something, is helping client to save operation cost, saving manpower, saving all comsumption, in a safe and environmental friendly way.
For centrifuge manufacturers
, the super big bowl centrifuge, normally concider as a prove of the production ablility, ie., if you are manufacuring bigger bowl successfully, it proves that you have more capability to do more on centrifuges, That is also why sometimes, when it comes to 1m bowl decanter, it is hard to find manufactures. This time the client also source many different centrifuge suppliers, GN is few suppliers who is mnaufacturing super big bowls.
The GN 30in decanter centrifue
have been used in TBM project successfully in Shanghai. and now two more units will operate in Australia. This week, GN arranged the shipment of two sets large bowl decanter centrifuge to Australia for coal mining slurry dewatering process.The model of the large bowl decanter centrifuge is GNLW764 that is the largest centrifuge GN can make at this time. For the coal slurry dewatering project, always a large flow capacity is required. That is why the client selected GN largest decanter centrifuge.
Features of GN Large Bowl Decanter Centrifuge GNLW764A
1. The rotating bowl is made from duplex stainless steel 2304 with centrifugal casting processing for better balance performance.
2. Screw conveyor is also rom stainless steel and the blade is protected with tungsten carbide for long working life.
3. To protect the motor of the large bowl decanter centrifuge. GN equips the VFD control panel for the operation of the centrifuge. So that the motor can be started to run at a low speed to prevent the over high electric current to burn the motor. In the meanwhile, a VFD control panel will let the operator to run the decanter centrifuge with different speed for various process purposes.
4. The lubrication system is using oil pump to feed lubricants to both of the bearing seats. The plate type heating exchanging system can effectively cool down the lubrication oil so that to get a better cooling performance and the temperature sensor installed on the bearing seat will send signal to the PLC to trip off the centrifuge in case of over high temperature.
Cooprating with our partner in Australia
, this tiime GN will send engineers to the site, and help on the commissioning, also help our client in Aiustralia to have mroe set up locally to be helpful on centrifuge servicing.